From an in-depth analysis of the American Civil war to a comparative study of the accounting system of two retail giants, essays can be varied in nature. However, the primary crisis that students face when assigned an essay writing task is choosing which topic they wish to write upon. Many are at a loss when asked to choose an intriguing essay writing topic for they are not sure about the procedure of doing so.
Students facing such dilemmas must know that one of the greatest joys about custom writing your own essays is that you get to pick the topic yourself rather than having to carry out the task with a pre-assigned topic. In this blog, we will discuss 20 amazing essay topics that could help you nail those essay assignments with ease and impress your professors with the power of your analytical thinking and your writing prowess.
Leading homework help services are usually adept at not only churning out superb essay prompts, but also in delivering top-notch academic guidance for writing the various assignments that students sometimes struggle with. Having had the pleasure of making acquaintance with a few of them, I have unearthed the crucial tips on selecting a topic for your essay that brings out your analytical best as well as portrays the theme of your essay in a good light.
Quick tips for selecting essay topics
Zeroing in an essay topic is no mean feat. It is, in fact, the stepping-stone to a fantastic essay, and thus needs to be custom-made for your interests so that you find the essay writing task to be a lot easier to tackle than you imagine.
What you can keep in mind when choosing a topic for your essay writing task are as follows.
- Focus on your area of interest within the discipline and try looking for things that you would love to write about.
- Once you have narrowed down an area of interest, go for some initial background study to determine the various stances that you can take to write the essay.
- Narrow your focus further into a topic that you can frame from your area of interest. However, avoid framing broad topics such as “patterns of organisational behaviour” or “the Amazon rainforest”.
- Defining your focus will help you sort a topic from the broad spectrum. For example, you can choose to write about the formation of canopy among the flora in Amazon rainforests. Another example of a narrowed down topic area would be comparing the patterns of organisational behaviour at the managerial level in two multi-national corporations of your choice.
- Once you have chosen the topic and narrowed it down, it is best to think of the stance that you want to take when writing the essay. Do not hesitate to pick a controversial stance if you choose to write a persuasive essay. For instance, for it will significantly enhance your writing prowess and analytical abilities if you manage to present the arguments in a compelling way.
- Finally, create an essay journal or maintain a note where you jot down the topic ideas as well your chosen stances to use as a resource when you get down to the main writing task for your custom essay.
20 brilliant essay topics for custom writing your essays
If you are running out of ideas for writing a custom essay assignment, then know that you are not alone. If nearly a little over a decade’s teaching experience has taught me anything, it is that almost all students are prone to having last-minute panic attacks and sometimes colossal doubts on their potential.
If you find yourself in a similar spot when tackling your academic writing tasks, my advice to you is the same that I give to my pupils. Simply look ahead and know that with a proper plan, you can even take down Lord Voldemort (well, Harry and rest of the good guys Hogwarts did that already, so at least that is sorted).
Here are 20 impressive essay writing topics that can help you do just that: look ahead and formulate a plan.
- Write a reflective essay about an imaginary conversation with a historical figure of your choice
- Should school uniforms be made mandatory in all schools all over the world?
- Delineate your opinions about gun control policies in a developed nation of your choice
- Explain the effects of PTSD on the personalities of the soldiers who return home from battlefronts
- Describe the effects of social media platforms on human interaction among urban youth
- Suggest ways to eliminate the problems occurring due to racial discrimination and prejudice in a predominantly white country
- Describe your ideal vacation spot and the reasons that you wish to go there
- What, according to you, should be the legal driving age for men and women and why?
- Have stringent anti-terrorism laws contributed to the rise of terrorist activities in the recent years? Justify your views with suitable arguments.
- Communism is a utopian phenomenon – express your views and state suitable reasons
- Discuss the effects of multi-cultural leadership in organisations on increasing employee productivity
- Prepare a comparative study about the influences of the Internet and digital music in recent times among students or youngsters of your choice
- Describe Darwin’s theory of evolutionism and state its relevance in connection with the gene theories of modern times
- What are the various retail assortments management systems employed by ecommerce websites?
- Present an in-depth discussion on the basic tenets of string theory
- What is the significance of dramatic irony in poetry of recent times? Elucidate with examples
- What are some major causes and effects of global warming?
- Compare and contrast between the creations of Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci
- Review a film/ television series/ documentary of your choice set in the backdrop of World War II
- Form a comparative study of tactical and strategical management techniques
These apart, you can also check out this ingenious post for more ideas and impressive essay prompts on varied subjects for writing the best critical essays that you can possibly imagine. Take a cue from the list provided here or frame your own topic following our lines – there is no dearth of options when it comes to coming up with an essay topic.
There go the best 20 topics for writing your essay to perfection. Whether it is knowing which areas to put into perspective in your discipline or narrowing the focus of the topic, the tricks to selecting an engaging topic for your essay can thus be simple enough if you know what you wish to write. Couple it with some smart formatting, proofreading structuring and presentation skills, and you will have an A-grade essay that will not fail to impress even the most critical of your professors and peers alike. Good luck with your essays!
Nathan William offers prompt study help for students facing academic distress at MyAssignmenthelp.com and is a visiting lecturer at a reputed university in Brisbane. He is the go-to person for students having problems with their academic assignments and projects. Apart from writing enriching blogs on education, Viola also enjoys hiking through little-known trails and tending to her precious chrysanthemums.