The preparation of the conference papers for the presentation is a very important part of the whole process, but usually, it is treated without proper attention. As a result of such attitude, we don’t receive desired effect after it. The conference audience doesn’t perceive the report against a background of the poor presentation. You don’t receive any positive emotional feedback, and consequently, you will not feel fully satisfied with the work done. To avoid this, you must admit the importance of presentation you make and to relate seriously every slide or document you are preparing.
A standard conference performance averagely lasts 15-25 minutes, depending on its scale and assignment. Longer presentations are rare, but they still exist and can last for 30-60 minutes. The common rule for any presentation, totally oral presentation or with the usage of slides is that it must be bright, informative and easy to remember.
It is important to remember that any presentation, whether this is a graduate thesis or a conference presentation to some report is an addition to your work and not its replacement. It is created after the report is ready and not vice versa.
The main stages of creating a paper demonstration
The main part must include the goals and tasks of your report. In addition to it, in this part of the work you should prefer the visual images in the form of tables, graphics, and pictures. The huge pieces of text are not acceptable on slides as they are not read easily, and they don’t afford to an audience to get to the bottom of the report done.
Separately, we would like to pay your attention to the creation of the final slide. In the context of design, it must copy the title page. Usually, it includes something like: “Thank you for your attention.” However, the creation of the presentation is a creative process, and you can impress your listeners with some original phrase or a positive slogan, appropriate aphorism or even some funny words concerning the report theme. As an example, if you are reporting on the theme of China history, the Confucius’s citations could not have come at a better time.
If your presentation is made for accompanying your report or scientific work, you must take into account the auditory interests and groundings. Try to be laconic as much as you can, avoid inaccuracy or verbalization, don’t forget that your listeners will be acquainted with the material for the first time.
Check everything twice or three times after you think you are totally prepared. Find and remove all the gaps. What gaps are obvious? These are the misprints, the different type of the font from slide to slide, the vague pictures, and the various field widths on the slides.
The main rules of preparations
When the detailed plan of the report is ready, the presentation will be smooth sailing.
To achieve it you must first think about slides for every paragraph and sub-paragraph which would be illustrated their content. Order of priority in slides will help you not to lose your train of thought during the conference.
Your speech would not coincide with the slides – it will make your demonstration extensional. Don’t overload your speech with specific terminology; add more technical particularities to the slides: the formulas, schemas, tables, and graphics.
Several simple rules while creation your papers for a conference:
- The presentation is always an illustration, in addition to the report, the text is always primary. That’s why it is important to assume from the fact that the main demand for the presentation is a good layout. The half part of your success depends on how simple and comprehensible the information will be provided.
- Don’t overcharge your slides with text – you will be reading it in your report. Leave the words to yourself, and the presentation of If it is necessary, place the value on a little of word explanations in several cadres. One of the common mistakes is to read the text word by word from the slide. The information on a picture is more formal and strict than the oral one.
- Bright colors, plateresque constructions, excessive animation is not the best addition to a business or scientific report. All these will distract the attention of the viewers from the essence of your work.
- The designer’s color’s chord will help you to compose colors harmonically. The colors must complement together or be color-keyed.
- The optimal number of the rows on one slide from 6 to 11. The print must be not lesser than 24. Overloading and fine print are very difficult to percept. An insufficient load may give the impression that the performance is superficial and not prepared well.
Sandra Larson is a business coach. She is a specialist and gives competent and effective consultations to business owners or enterprises concerning negotiations, delegacy, self-organization and a lot of other questions. In her free time, she writes essays for https://australianwritings.com.au/ on a theme of business relationships and some inner company’s questions. She agrees with a common phrase that business loves silence. That is why first she is starting to work with is harmonizing the relationships between the colleagues inside the company.